Person Centred Framework
About the Person Centred Framework
The Person-centred Thinking Task Team’s goal is to enhance the lives of people experiencing disability through the promotion and encouragement of person-centred thinking and person-centred cultures of support.
Person centred culture is rooted in a common set of beliefs, values and behaviours in which it is clear and evident that people direct and are at the forefront of their own lives. Supporting all people to have choice and control, meaningful relationships and a full community life where their gifts and contributions are welcomed and celebrated is at the heart of a person centred culture.
- Connectedness I feel a sense of belonging with those around me; have a close circle of friends and feeling companionship. I feel valued by those in my life.
- Empowered & Inspired My voice is heard and my choices are respected. I am supported in my journey to achieve my personal goals and dreams.
- Community Inclusion I am included and experience comfort in knowing that I have the ability to engage in meaningful activities without barriers; to participate fully in community life.
- Shared Beliefs & Values I am supported by someone who shares similar interests and values in life.
- Visionary Leadership I have the ability to explore my dreams and know there is someone to advocate and support me in doing so.
- Self-Determination I have choice and control over my life.
- Collaboration I know my support team will engage with any and all possible supports and services that could help me achieve my goals.
- Continuous Learning I have the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of life experiences and learning opportunities.
- Inter-Dependence I want to be with others; not afraid of people with whom I live; not afraid to go outside; feel relaxed in interactions with others. I feel like people in my life need me as much as I need them.
- Satisfaction I am recognized as a person and feel a sense of pride; I am comfortable expressing personal gifts, talents and satisfaction with life.
- Personal Outcomes I define my own goals by exploring opportunities and discovering hopes and dreams. I am supported to work toward my goals and have a feeling of inner harmony and spiritual well being.
- Connectedness Supports are actively engaged in relationship with their colleagues, individuals served, along with the personal and professional networks of the individuals supported.
- Empowered & Inspired Supports are equipped with the necessary skills and training; they are supported in their professional role and inspire to seek personal growth of the people supported.
- Community Inclusion Awareness that community is where everyone journeys; opportunities are embraced and nurtured where ever they may be.
- Shared Beliefs & Values Sharing common values and beliefs that drive one to come to work every day; meaningful contributions and the knowledge that they are making a difference.
- Visionary Leadership Provided guidance and understanding of the organizational philosophy, vision and mission.
- Self-Determination A belief in one’s own abilities and the necessity to support an individual to achieve their desired goals is number one.
- Collaboration Seeing value in working collaboratively with family members, like-minded individuals, organizations and business; and seeking out such opportunities.
- Continuous Learning Provided opportunity and willingness to engage in personal and professional growth.
- Inter-Dependence Relationships with individuals, family members and colleagues are mutually supportive; feeling safe and valued by those you support, your colleagues and supervisors.
- Satisfaction Feeling content in your place of work; feeling as though you contribute to the mission and vision. Feeling that one can contribute and have an impact in the lives of those supported.
- Personal Outcomes Hopes and dreams of an individual and their family are embraced and actualized; individuals are supported to live the life that they choose.
- Connectedness Being personally connected to the individuals served and their support teams.
- Empowered & Inspired Have the ability to influence the direction of the organization; belief in your role and know you are making a difference.
- Community Inclusion Have the ability to influence the direction of the organization; belief in your role and know you are making a difference.
- Shared Beliefs & Values Modeling and upholding the philosophy and values of the organization and the people it serves.
- Visionary Leadership Looking forward and exploring future opportunities for the organization and the people it serves.
- Self-Determination Nurturing an environment where individual and family choices are respected.
- Collaboration Actively seeking mutually benefiting partnerships with community that strengthens the organization.
- Continuous Learning Valuing education and seeking out learning opportunities for all connected to the organization.
- Inter-Dependence Not working in isolation; always seeking feedback and opportunities for growth; having a reliance on the individuals served; positive outcomes for continued growth; healthy, positive relationships are reflective throughout the organization.
- Satisfaction Feeling that you are utilizing your strengths and abilities to make a difference within the organization and community; feeling joy by the success of others.
- Personal Outcomes Witnessing positive growth in the lives of the individuals served; Personal Support Networks are valued and respected; valuing diversity within the organization. Outcomes are based on a set of common known achievable and measurable factors and are assessed on an ongoing basis.
Family Support Network
- Connectedness Actively involved in the life of their family member; feels welcomed and invited to be a part of their life.
- Empowered & Inspired Feeling as a valued member of the support team; life experience and knowledge is respected.
- Community Inclusion Family and friends are encouraged to nurture and expand on the individual’s existing relationships and community connections.
- Shared Beliefs & Values The values of the family are respected and reflected in the support provided.
- Visionary Leadership Being a part of the journey in exploring the hopes and dreams of their family member.
- Self-Determination Feeling comfortable expressing opinions; respecting the choices of their loved one.
- Collaboration Confident in knowing the support team will engage in any and all possible supports and services that could help achieve their family member’s goals.
- Continuous Learning Educational opportunities are valued.
- Inter-Dependence Relationships are mutually supportive; family, neighbourhood and community connections are nurtured and embraced.
- Satisfaction Satisfied that their family member is thriving in community; respecting that their family member has choice and control of their own life.
- Personal Outcomes Having a voice and contributing to the actualization of the hopes and dreams of their family member.
- About the